Sunday, March 25, 2007

How will you die?



Last weekend after parting with Clint, I took the boys to the video store to pick out a movie to watch while I unpacked from the trip. While at the store this movie was under the "guaranteed in stock or you get it free" sign. All the movies were gone, so I figured why not just get the receipt, and then if I ever want to see it, it will be free!. Backfire, when I asked and they handed me one that had been returned, but not replaced. So I brought it home, and watched it the night before it needed to be returned. I wasn't sure what to expect from the previews. I did think that Will Ferrel did a good job. I felt that the movie could have been pretty good, but was just ok., which is pretty much what they say in the movie about the book that the movie is about. (I think you know what I am talking about if you have seen the movie). All this to say that it is interesting to ask oneself, and others, "if you could find out when and how you were going to die, would you? Clint and I had talked about this a week or two before I saw this movie, we just came up with a yes/no answer. But I am still thinking about it. I do have to say I usually like movies better after I watch the background and interviews included on the tape, it was the same with this movie.

Would you find out when and how you are going to die, if you could?

Do you tend to like a movie, song, show, better after learning more about it?

1 comment:

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

I don't think I'd like knowing how I'll die. That would be too...weird.

I do like reading difficult books after I've watched the movie. Especially if they have foriegn names that I have a hard time pronouncing. The book is almost always better, but the movie gives me name pronunciations and a visualization of terrain and time period. For instance, 3 Muskateers. I enjoyed the book much more after having watched the movie.