Saturday, May 19, 2007

Starting anew

I guess it really doesn't feel like such a fresh start. Maybe it is that we still have the house in Arizona, but I think it is more than that. I think that Arizona had the kind of effect on our family that makes it more of a stepping stone than something from the past. I miss it, but not too much right now (I know there will be days for that). All in all things here the first week have gone well. We spent Sunday night with my mom, Monday unloading the truck, Tuesday thru Friday slowly unpacking and trying to figure out where all this stuff came from and where it is going to go. Today my family came over for lunch and to swim. Very nice. Tomorrow will be church. Isaiah is excited at the prospects of being able to meet new friends and has been talking about that in his prayers for days now. What would we do without the social network of the church?
A few lessons learned in the first week:

1. The lack of heat (unlike the arizona right now) from the sun in Utah can be deceiving. I have a sunburn from today. I don't think I ever got one in Arizona.
2. The cafe Rios in Utah are better than in Arizona. When we lived there I just thought I was getting used to the taste and it was getting old. Nope, delicious!
3. It is so nice to have family around.

We are soooooo thankful for all the help we got with our move. It was well over 101 the days we loaded the truck in Arizona, and I don't know how we ever would have gotten the washer and dryer up the stairs without Clints brother Kirk. And all the help in between. Wow, I just don't know how other people do it.

Right now I have no idea where the camera is, but when I find it I will post some picts from the move and of the new place.

7 comments:

Erin said...

Hey Nanci,

Glad you guys made it okay.

By the way, Where are you living now?

Good luck with the unpacking.

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

Wow. Moving can be tough. Goods and bads. That's cool IG was so excited to meet new friends. How funny. It really is crazy that UT has better Mexican food than either AZ or TX. Why is that?

Allyson said...

We miss you!!!! Glad your doing well. Give me the scoop on location. I need help with my blog!! I will call next week after you've had time to get situated. Send us some pictures!

Sarah's Place said...

I have to disagree, Nanci. Cafe Rio is just as good in AZ as it is in Utah!!

Glad things are going well for ya. Hope you had a good Anniversary today!

Elisa said...

call me Nanci about the reception. I want to come but am not jazzed about taking a 1 week old. I might try to go alone but would want to be there when you are!

Yankee Haffners said...

Happy Move to You! Change is good and I'm glad you are adjusting alright so far. :) Have fun with the unpacking and I too am curious about where you moved to. :)
Hope all goes well with the new friends. Take care!

Sarah's Place said...

Nanci, I am tagging you.

So, here are the rules:
1. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
2. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
3. At the end of your blog, you need to choose four people (revised from 8 to leave some for others!) to tag and list their names.
4. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.